Download PDF: identification-of-univair-parts.pdf
Identification of Univair Manufactured Parts
FOR PARTS PRODUCED UNDER TYPE CERTIFICATE APPROVAL (e.g. ERCOUPE & STINSON):
- These parts only require a Part Number and Inspection Stamp.
- We choose to add a Work Order number and/or a Purchase Order number depending on which ever is applicable.
FAA-PMA APPROVED PARTS:
- Parts manufactured under FAA-PMA approval shall be produced in accordance with UNIVAIR AIRCRAFT QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEMS MANUAL.
- Parts produced under FAA-PMA approval shall be identified in compliance with FAR 45.15.
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (PAH) parts of the same part number as a Univair part & accepted through the receiving inspection procedures of this manual, may be installed in Univair PMA assemblies and be accepted without MRB action.
45.15 REPLACEMENT AND MODIFICATION PARTS
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, each person who produces a replacement or modification part under a Parts Manufacturer Approval issued under §21.303 of this chapter shall permanently and legibly mark the part with -
- The letters “FAA-PMA”;
- The name, trademark, or symbol of the holder of the Parts Manufacturer Approval;
- The part number; and
- The name and model designation of each type certificated product on which the part is eligible for installation.
(b) If the Administrator finds that a part is too small or that it is otherwise impractical to mark a part with any of the information required by paragraph (a) of this section, a tag attached to the part or its container must included the information that could not be marked on the part. If the marking required by paragraph (a) (4) of this section is so extensive that to mark it on a tag is impractical, the tag attached to the part or the container may refer to a specific readily available manual or catalog for part eligibility information.